A Special Breakfast Idea on Mother’s Day
Written by Deborah
Another Mother's Day is just around the corner. This is another time to be grateful for all what Mom has done all year round. Why not start off the day by surprising Mom with a special breakfast? There is no need to go for something very expensive. Cheese and Bacon Breakfast Strata Cake made using top quality utensils from Lifewit will surely make this year’s mother’s day an unforgettable one.
Recipe for making Cheese and Bacon Breakfast Strata Cake
- 10 oz / 300g bacon, diced
- 6 eggs
- 1¼ cups milk (full or low fat)
- ¼ tsp salt (ordinary table salt) or ½ tsp sea salt flakes or kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 7 cups (lightly packed) baguette / French stick cut into 2 cm / 1 inch cubes (preferably slightly stale)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (You can substitute with any other flavored melting cheese)
- Parsley, finely chopped (garnish - optional)
Step 1: Heat a large non-stick pan over high heat.
Add all but 2 tbsp of bacon (reserve for topping) and cooked until lightly browned. Remove from the frypan and drain on a paper towel.
Step 2: Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Step 3: Dice the bread into smaller pieces using a cutting board, and then pack the pieces into a large zip lock bag.
Pour in the egg mixture, 1½ cups cheese and cooked bacon (reserve the uncooked bacon). Seal and massage the egg into the cubes. Put in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes (until the egg is soaked into the bread).
- Pre-heat the oven to 180℃/350F
- Spray a 21cm/8" springform cake tin. Pour the bread mixture into the cake tin, pat down to compress and scatter with the remaining uncooked bacon and the remaining ½ cup cheese. Cover loosely with foil or with a pan lid.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then remove the lid and bake for a further 10 minutes until bubbly and golden on top.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before removing the spring form and cutting into slices to serve. Garnish with parsley if using.
Note: If you would like to have a Mother's Day Picnic, you can use the Lifewit Lunch Bag to carry this yummy meal and all the other snacks, drinks, and so on. That's all!
With a little bit of thought, effort, and some high-quality utensils, you can get Mom to a terrific start with a special breakfast for Mother's Day. Visit Lifewit to shop for top-quality utensils that will help you prepare special breakfast for Mother’s Day.
- Lifewit Household